Investigations in the Age of GeoSocial Data
The current growth of geosocial data is changing the face of risk management and investigations. Learn what geosocial data is, and exactly how this type of information is used to investigate insurance claims of all kinds. Understand how to gain eye- opening insight into accidents, site security, workplace harassment and high exposure incidents, by locating social media photographs, videos, and posts at specific locations and times anywhere in the world. This session utilizes real life case examples to demonstrate the impact of this new technology in the realm of risk management, law and insurance. The session also shows how evidence can be uncovered and leveraged in a variety of scenarios. Privacy and legal issues, as well as preserving, authenticating and presenting this type of cyber evidence will also be discussed. Attendees will walk away with a better understanding of the best investigative practices require for a successful geosocial investigation and exactly how to add this new information to their wide range of skills.
Target Audience :
Risk managers, attorneys, brokers, claims professionals, and other persons involved in the claim process.
- Understand what geosocial data is and how it works from a technological standpoint
- Identify the specific instances and red flags that determine when and where geosocial data can further an investigation
- Understand the legal and privacy implications of using geosocial data in claims investigations
- Learn how to properly preserve, authenticate and present social media and geosocial evidence in court
- Experience different case examples to gain knowledge as to how geosocial has helped in the past
Jacqueline Batista is the Liability Account Manager for DigiStream New England and has over 8 years of experience in the investigations industry. She is a licensed Private Investigator and holds a degree in Criminal Justice with a concentration in Investigative Services from the University of New Haven.
$0.00 NNESHRM member
$0.00 CSHRM member
$0.00 MSHRM member